A. Purpose and Scope
The Engineering Intern is a training position that provides actual engineering experience for college engineering students. Interns will be exposed to various aspects of the engineering process, including design, equipment fabrication, manufacturing process development, quality control, etc. Interns will assist project or manufacturing engineers on their current product or process development projects. Interns will also be given individual project responsibilities which will develop their planning, design, fabrication and teamwork skills.
The Engineering Intern's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Design, fabrication and installation of assembly equipment, production fixtures, gages, etc.
2) Update plant drawings to optimize equipment layout
3) Assist with wiring and programming PLCs and other electrical and pneumatic components or automated equipment
3) Quality assurance part layouts and inspections
4) Product performance and reliability testing
5) Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical or electrical equipment in production areas or test labs.
6) Operate machine tools including mills, drill presses, lathes, saws, welders, etc.
7) Provide technical support to production, sales, and quality departments as needed
8) Assist with Kaizens and other Continuous Improvement activities
The CI Intern's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Design and layout of production cells and departments using AutoCAD. (Project)
2) Design and build shadow boards throughout the facility. (Project)
3) Provide CI support to all departments within Mercury Plastics when needed.
4) Provide CI support to customers and vendors.
5) Participate in CI Kaizen events using Toyota Production System Lean tools.
6) Participate in RCCMs, develop action items and follow through with projects.
7) Assist managers and team members in the lean transformation process.
Full or Part Time
Mercury Plastics (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Mercury Plastics is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.