CAMS, Inc. is a leading Midwest supplier of manufacturing solutions including SolidWorks, CAMWorks, Markforged and BigRep 3D printers, HD Robotics, plus CNC training, machining, and inspection services. Significant growth has created an immediate opportunity for a full-time machine shop leadership position. Please read the testing requirements below before you apply.
We’re looking for an ambitious leader with a strong balance of aptitude and attitude who likes to learn and help others. This is a collaborative leadership position and the ideal candidate will be able to command the entire shop process, beginning with job quoting and ending with shipping or delivery. Among our processes are 3-5 axis milling, 8-axis mill/turn, composite and metal printing, and 5-axis inspection.
As part of your interview process, you’ll go through the following tests…
- Written math and machining test
- Review a blueprint and create a job plan.
- Indicate a vise on the table to within .0002"
- Indicate a reamer in within .0005"
- Write a basic CNC program (using whatever means you prefer)
- Optional, write a program to bore soft jaws on a lathe
If you are selected to join our team, we’ll provide…
- CAD/CAM training on SolidWorks and CAMWorks
- Training on our machines and simulation software
- Opportunity for advancement
- Experience with CNC machining, G-Code, and CAD/CAM programming is a must! ( Please do not apply if you do not have this.)
- We’ll consider high-aptitude CNC programmers or machinists with minimum 2-years of experience
- Strong computer skills are required
- Understanding of 5-axis milling, mill/turn lathes, and CMM is a plus
- We’re looking for a problem-solving personality
- Communication skills and an enthusiastic and positive attitude are required
- Highly valued are dependability, work ethic, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to create job plans with maximum efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Ability to identify cost-down opportunities in material selection, material staging, machine scheduling, cutting operations, etc.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. We offer competitive wages based on experience, plus profit sharing and incentives based on the company performance. We win together. CAMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- cnc machinist: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift