BluMetric Environmental Inc. solves complex environmental challenges. We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and experienced engineer - or geoscientist- “in - training” to work in our Toronto office. If you want to work within an engaging, dynamic, and inclusive team environment, and have aspirations to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work life balance, BluMetric is a perfect fit for you.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Data management for technical reports.
- Proposal and technical report writing.
- Assist in the scheduling and execution of Phase One and Two Environmental Site Assessments, site characterization, soil and ground water remediation, and ground water modeling.
- Assist in the planning, delegation and management of the day-to-day details of field work programs designed by senior staff.
- Provide support to the Site Assessment and Remediation team with on-going projects.
- Assist in project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sc. in Earth Sciences or B.A.Sc. in Civil, Environmental or Geological Engineering plus eligibility for a P. Geo. or P. Eng.
- 1 to 4 years environmental consulting experience.
- Experience with O. Reg. 153/04, including strong knowledge of requirements for Phase One and Two ESAs, remediation, soil importation, and Records of Site Condition.
- Solid understanding of geology, physical and chemical hydrogeology, contaminated site investigations, delineation and remediation.
- Experience in ground water monitoring and sampling procedures, borehole drilling, and monitoring well installation, logging of field samples, and the preparation of borehole logs.
- Familiarity with current Ontario environmental regulations and guidelines related to waste management, air, groundwater, surface water, soils, and/or sediment.
- Familiarity with current safety regulations and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to write polished professional technical reports.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to be involved with many projects simultaneously
- Proven project management skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel locally with occasional overnight travel and flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Knowledge of CAD and/or GIS would be an asset.
About BluMetric Environmental Inc.
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is a publicly traded cleantech company with a portfolio of industry‐leading engineering services and proprietary equipment providing sustainable solutions to environmental challenges. Professional services include, site assessment and remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety and geomatics. Our design-build and pre-engineered products provide solutions to industrial and commercial water and wastewater treatment needs. Established in 1976, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, BluMetric’s award-winning team of industry experts provides a better environment for business. We offer standard working hours, career progression and generous benefit package including, health, dental, vision and RRSP contribution.
BluMetric is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity in the workplace to ensure designated groups (women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities) are fully represented at all levels of the organization. BluMetric provides accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability are available upon request.
BluMetric is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, training, development and promotions are based on ability, skill, knowledge and experience required to perform the job. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental consulting: 1 year (Preferred)