Realtime Utility Engineers, Inc. (RUE) is a consulting engineering firm providing Substation and Transmission Line Engineering, as well as field services such as commissioning, testing and construction project management, to electric utilities nationwide.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, with branch offices in Maple Grove, MN and Boston, MA. Realtime is currently searching for motivated individuals, who have the desire to grow professionally, and contribute to the continued successes of our company. If you offer innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and are motivated to address and conquer every day, real-world challenges, please apply online.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer based out of our Madison, WI office who will provide design services for support of projects that involve Substation Engineering and Transmission Line Engineering for high voltage electric facilities. The Structural Engineer Position interfaces with other discipline project leads, client engineering and construction managers, surveying and geotechnical engineering vendors, equipment and structure fabrication vendors.
- Work with a project team to create or modify all civil and structural design drawings and documents
- Develop steel and foundation detail drawings
- Apply engineering application software for the design of structural steel supports for utility infrastructure, foundations for utility structures and buildings and site grading and preparation
- Use client and project specific standards to ensure that the design efforts are progressing in the most efficient manner possible
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with customer representatives, project team, and management
- Ensure correct application of engineering codes and standards including the NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC, and ACI
- properly use the applicable document management system
- Keep detailed records of all project key engineering decisions and document calculations and drawing development
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Additional duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited College.
- Five years of direct experience and proven knowledge in design of concrete and steel structural engineering, aluminum and wood design, buildings and self-supported structures.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) and Structural Engineering License (SE). If registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the individual must be able to obtain a license within one year of hire date.
- Experience with site grading, drainage and earthwork cut and fill calculations, design of utility structures, lattice towers, and buildings as well as foundations as may be in substations or other similar type facilities. Modification of existing structures and buildings to meet new requirements and loading.
- Knowledge and understanding of steel, aluminum, wood and concrete design, design of welded structures, structural analysis, substation and transmission line components, their functions and electrical clearances
- Working knowledge of computer applications (including but not limited to Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat).
- Candidate must pass a Background and Drug Screening (required).
- Strong knowledge of common engineering application software; AutoCAD Civil 3D, RISA 3D, PLS-CADD, PLS-Tower, Mathcad or STAAD Pro is preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable codes (including but not limited to IEEE, NEC, NESC, ACI 318) is preferred.
Candidates will be placed in the appropriate job title based on education, years of experience and industry knowledge.
RUE offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) with immediate vesting, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, health savings account with company contribution, employee assistance plan and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
Further information on our company can be found at www.rue-inc.com.