The Product and Applications Development (PAD) Engineer will be responsible for the development of new products, applications, or manufacturing processes, and provide internal and external product technical support for LyondellBasell's Advanced Polymer Solutions segment.
Roles & Responsibilities
Support the business growth strategies by development of new or modified differentiated products, applications, or processes to meet market or customer objectives, lower overall cost, or improve application performance.
- Manage collaboration in the development and/or importation and of global technologies (formulations, performance, processing) to achieve commercialization and sales in domestic market.
- Design and manage technical service and technology development projects, responsible for technical deliverables of application development projects, and problem solve customer complaints.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at meetings or conferences, and actively participate in technical organizations and professional associations related to the targeted BU core technologies.
- Develop and manage product formulation and quality specification control plans, advise preferred production methods, support scale up activities associated with products and processes at internal or subcontracted manufacturing sites, act as a technical consultant to manufacturing sites for product or process related items, and responsible for disposition of aged or off quality inventory.
- Provide guidance to the business unit in respect to supplier selection and alternate sources of key raw materials. Assist in safe handling and use of raw materials in development and manufacturing.
- Provide technical advise and training to internal ( sales support, technicians, etc.) and external customers on product recommendations, processing, and application of new or existing products.
- Research and assess the impact of intellectual property associated with the development of products, processes and applications, and support the business and legal counsel in matters of our freedom to operate, securing and protecting intellectual property, and assessment of competitive products.
- Assist creation and management of product datasheets, technical bulletins, and other technical product literature and support market development in creation of application or market literature.
- Assist in development of, and support and adhere to, the quality management system and design and development procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering, Chemistry, or Related Engineering degree. Ph.D. preferred.
0- 5 years of product development in compounded plastics.
Knowledge and/or working experience in Engineered Plastics preferred (such as Polyamide, Polycarbonate, Polyester, Styrenics and Alloys, TPEs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herewith are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of the properties, characteristics and processing behavior of polymeric materials, additives, functional modifiers, and the formulation thereof.
Intimate knowledge of polymer processing and testing methods and the ability to operate such equipment.
Competent in project management, application of statistical experimental methodology, process improvement techniques, and fundamental business operational practices.
Competence in engineering principles, fabrication methods and tooling, and product design criteria.
Knowledge of quality systems for design and development, such as TS 16949, Design and Development requirements.
Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and information technology systems.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: