Wireless Network Design Engineer
Job Location: McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS
Consolidated Networks Corporation is hiring a Wireless Communications Engineer or a Network Design Engineer.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Security Clearance;
- Must have a Security + Certification;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience;
- Bachelor's Degree a plus.
CISCO Certified Design Associate certificate desired; or
ARUBA Certified Mobility Professional certificate desired;
- Block network connectivity and remove rogue Access Points (APs) as identified by base NCCs.
- Block or permit access as required for interfering access points as identified by base NCCs.
- Manage current heat maps in Airwave Management System to include addition of new APs and floor plans.
- Manage any future COTS wireless controllers, Airwave Management System, ClearPass and 1C6S00S.
- Support AF BITI Wireless users with system configuration management, software/hardware upgrades and troubleshooting of connectivity issues as a Tier 3 resource.
- Coordinate and direct network changes and troubleshooting to support fixed wired infrastructure components.
- Respond to client access issues troubleshooting physical and logical connectivity i.e. Layer 1, 2 and 3 connectivity issues, Active Directory and certificate authentication issues and Dynamic Host configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Provide users with guidance to properly configure client devices ensuring successful network connectivity.
- Work closely with Aruba network engineers to isolate operational issues and identify corrective actions.
- To assist BITI in conducting various compliance inspections as required (e.g. CCRI, Scope Edge, NETLAW).
- Electronically provision new access points and verify network connectivity.
- Electronically re-provision replaced or relocated access points and verify network connectivity.
- Author processes for configuring and managing BITI Wireless devices. - Perform and assist with emergency restoration at remote sites. - Maintain a database of all provisioned access point and controllers.
CNC provides health care, dental, term life, long term disability, 401k with company matching, as well as 10 Federal Holidays observed, paid time off, sick and bereavement leave.
CNC is an employee-owned corporation with core competencies in numerous IT functions. These competencies include voice, video, and data network design and implementation, telecom engineering, physical layer installation, network administration and management, performance and security optimization, and IT outsourcing. Founded in 1998, CNC provides end-to-end network engineering and IT services to its government, education, and corporate clients. Those services include secure high-speed internet access, flexible remote access, and high-performance wide-area and local-area networking. CNC serves a wide range of clients, from long-haul carriers and non-traditional entrants in the telecom industry, large enterprise clients, small businesses, education and government organizations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 to $73,000.00 /year
- Wireless: 6 years (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required: