True Information Assurance, LLC (TRUE) is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineering III – A&A in Aberdeen South (Edgewood, Maryland).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
TRUE is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to support exciting opportunities with the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center at Aberdeen located in Edgewood, Maryland. Join a team of best-in-industry cyber warriors dedicated to our nation’s cyber defense.
As the Cybersecurity Engineer your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts cybersecurity engineering research and analysis.
- Provides recommendations of cybersecurity implementations.
- Supports development of cybersecurity documentation, concept papers, and test plans.
- Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of the solutions implemented to provide the required protection of data, including appropriate authenticator management and encryption controls.
- Ensures the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Information Technology (IT) and cybersecurity services.
- Develops and designs security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information throughout the enterprise.
- Identifies, plans, and documents improvements to security controls currently in place.
- Creates and maintains Implementation Plan and POA&M mitigation for system assessment and authorization packages for external cloud platform.
- Reviews System Security Plans (SSP) and make recommendation for corrections and best course of action.
- Supports asset management in eMASS for A&A and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Cyberscope for all FISMA audit compliance taskers.
- Develops and documents recommendations and courses of action (COAs) to solve complex cybersecurity problems.
- Develops and interprets cybersecurity requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process and assists in the formulation of cybersecurity/IT budgets.
- Plans and schedules the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Ensures the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes such as system patches and fixes associated with specific technical vulnerabilities as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program.
- Guides the implementation of appropriate operational structures and processes to ensure an effective cybersecurity program, including boundary defense, incident detection, and response.
- HS Diploma (BA/BS In Information Technology, Risk Management or Project Management field is preferred).
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Minimum DOD 8570 IAM-II Certification (CISSP, CASP+, CISM, or equivalent).
- Additional: DOD 8570 IAT-II Certification (Security+, CySA+, or equivalent).
- Leadership experience including strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collect information from various sources and assess a systems suitability for ‘Assess Only’ worthiness and make appropriate recommendations.
- DOD/DISA eMASS experience.
- Experience taking information systems/software through the RMF Assess and Authorization and
Connection Approval Processes. (MIL cloud experience a plus).
- Experience with implementing and validating STIG at the application level for MIL cloud applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance.
- Hand-on progressive experience with Army Risk Management Framework.
- Government contractor work experience, specifically within the Department of Defense.
- Project focus on cyber warfare or cyber security.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. True Information
Assurance, LLC reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
True Information Assurance, LLC. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V; AA).
Job Type: Full-time
- Risk Management Framework: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cybersecurity: 5 years (Required)
- Secret Security Clearance (Required)
- DoD 8570 IAM-II Certification (Required)