Who Are We? :
At SRC Automotive, we like to WIN, and have FUN doing so. We leverage our employee-owner mentality to continually improve our processes, our relationships, and our business. Transparency is at the core of who we are. You will have the opportunity to see, learn, and understand all aspects of our financials, and how you make a difference on our numbers. Sharing the wealth with those who help create it is important to us. As a full-time employee-owner, you will be eligible for a quarterly bonus which is based on company performance, and you start your journey to becoming a full employee-owner from Day 1. You are also eligible to utilize our 100% tuition reimbursement program.
SRC Automotive, Inc. is a leader in the remanufacturing of engines used in the Automotive, Marine, Natural Gas & Oil and Power Systems industries. SRC isn't just another company. It's a company of owners-individuals who are taught about running a business with financial and business literacy training, individuals who want to make a difference, individuals who care. Our employee-owners are about winning. Our employee-owners are about growing. Our employee-owners are just like you. Take your career to the next level: Own It!
We are currently hiring a Manufacturing Engineer for our growing team! This is a salary exempt position, working Monday through Friday, day shift hours.
A Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the design of production tools and/or machines, and for developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, and tooling. They support new programs by developing new processes, designing tooling and machinery, and developing production controls. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer sets up new equipment, ensures satisfactory operation of the new equipment, and teaches others to use it properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in decisions regarding the manufacturability of and production of new product lines.
- Work with Production, Sales, and Materials to establish and revise production standards.
- Responsible for reviewing and improving facility layout and product flow.
- Coordinates with Quality, Production, Sales, and customers new product launches.
- Assist maintenance with machine/tool installation.
- Sets up new equipment, and ensures its satisfactory operation.
- Trains production personnel on new equipment operation and process.
- Recommends and implements new processes, controls, and manufacturing methods
- Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment, and investigates their potential applications. Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
- Follows engineering process to ensure TS 16469 certification.
- Assists the Capital Budgeting process and evaluates new and potential capital equipment.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Frequently lift and or move up to 20 pounds and 50 pounds occasionally.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Product Development.
- Five (5) years of Manufacturing experience.
- Knowledgeable concerning mechanical principles, machining practices, the properties of metals, and the application of mathematics and dimensions to production machinery and tooling.
- Able to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment or tooling problem, understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a given situation, and be attentive to detail.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Experience working within a Quality System; TS-16949 preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of Marine and Automotive powertrain products.
- Experience in product flow, plant layout, assembly/machining equipment and continuous improvement systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task by balancing/prioritizing 5-10 projects/cases at any given time.
- Requires effective relationship management skills with co-workers in a team environment and with customers/prospects in a engineering sales and support context.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Computer literacy/experience required. Must be proficient in Windows environments. Working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, e-mail, and Web-enabled applications.
- Competitive compensation package with opportunity for growth in your career; promotion from within opportunities available
- Full benefit package on your 61st day of employment including affordable medical, dental, and vision, company paid life insurance and short term disability, and other elective benefits
- 401(k) with 5% match after 90 days of employment
- Employee Stock Ownership Program at no cost to the employee
- Fitness Center and wellness program
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
Our philosophy is to take care of our employee owners. It’s as simple as that.:
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you! Please submit an application and our HR team will reach out to you.