Ducktrap River of Maine Job Description
Position Title: Engineer Assistant
Reports to: Engineer & Maintenance Manager
Work Location: Mowi-Ducktrap, LLC -Belfast, Maine
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:30pm
Position Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Started in 1978, Ducktrap River of Maine is an all-natural smokehouse located on the coast of Maine with a strong commitment to producing premium quality smoked seafood. We produce some of the highest quality smoked seafood in the world while maintaining a strong family atmosphere where all employees are appreciated and respected for their contributions. Ducktrap offers a competitive starting wage as well as a great benefit package that includes paid vacations, personal days and holidays along with medical, dental, vision, employer paid short and long-term disability insurance, and a 401k plan with an employer match of 6%.
Visit our website www.Ducktrap.com to learn more about us.
The Assistant Engineer will be responsible for the day to day equipment operations at our two facilities. This includes, troubleshooting break-downs on equipment and repairing as needed, ensuring that all equipment is preforming at peak quality standard and efficiency. Candidate may also be required to help with other plant needs such as repairs, basic construction projects and equipment installation.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
Candidate must possess knowledge of Industrial Electrical and Industrial Automation controls including:
- Electrical control systems
- Weighing systems
- Three phase power up to 480v
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Refrigeration, plumbing, and construction knowledge is a plus, but not required
Include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Required to stand, bend, twist, push and lift throughout the shift.
- Responsible for day to day equipment operations at our two facilities.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights that will require fall protection gear.
- Must be commitment to the Mowi code of conduct and vision and values.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Ducktrap River of Maine.
- Commitment to the Marine Harvest code of conduct, and vision and values.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Understand and work within company policies and procedures.
- Must be dependable, reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be well organized, prioritize and use time effectively.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk on textured concrete floors for a minimum of eight hours. He/she will be using their arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel, reach product. There is also, a lot of pinch gripping. Noise level in work environment is usually moderate. He/she is required to use proper PPE, (Personal Protective Equipment) appropriately to prevent injury to self or others. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in engineering or electrical, or the equivalent of 4 years in closely related work experience, required.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
**Ducktrap River of Maine is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
The above job description is not an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Mowi-Ducktrap is a Drugfree Workplace.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday