We are a commercial fishing company based out of Vancouver, BC currently looking for an Engineer for our 2024 gross ton factory freezer trawler the Osprey No. 1.The Osprey fishes in Canadian waters off the West Coast of British Columbia with trips lasting 10-14 days.Fishing and factory operations work 24 hours/day catching, preparing and freezing with a crew of 30. The Chief Engineer and second can determine if the crew work a 12-hour or 6-hour rotation. The Engineer is responsible for maintenance, operation, and repairs of all vessel electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and freezing systems on board.
- Maintain the ship in a state of readiness by overseeing and maintaining all systems including engineering, electrical, hydraulic, and freezing.
- Follow system specified recommended maintenance programs.
- Participate in dockside repairs and maintenance including yearly shipyard work
- Follow company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic inspections of antipollution systems, i.e. oily water separators, air filters, etc.
- Prepare the vessel for all Lloyds/ Transport Canada inspections.
- Be familiar with the ISM Code and its requirements
- Keep vessel maintenance records and inventories.
- Maintain up to date logs for all equipment.
- Report repair and maintenance issues to Captain and Owner Make requisition for required parts, supplies, etc., as needed and forward to office staff.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret system manuals, technical bulletins, inspection reports and government regulations.
- Must possess strong knowledge of support systems, such as oily water separators, lube oil separators, fuel centrifuges, shaft generators, variable pitch propeller systems, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, water makers, plumbing, (both water and fuel), refrigeration, heating and air conditioning
- Self-sufficient, organized and showing positive leadership
- Enjoy team work
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Captain, crew and Owner.
- Have a valid Canadian Passport.
- Ability to pass the Seafarers exam.
- Must obtain a Commercial Fisher's Registration Card
- Fourth Class Marine Engineer Certificate valid in Canada
- Marine Engineer with at least 2 years of experience is preferred
This is a permanent position with competitive wages, which will include a private stateroom on the officer’s deck, comprising of a large seating area, bedroom, private bathroom with shower and laundry on site. There will be 3 hot meals provided daily along with cold meals between 11pm and midnight.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $550.00 to $700.00 /day
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- Factory Freezer Commercial Fishing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Refrigeration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- 4th Class Marine Engineer ticket valid in Canada (Required)