Axiom Technical Solutions is an IT Management, Monitoring and Solutions company. We are currently looking for an Onsite Systems Engineer (OSE) to perform professional services for our client, LogRhythm at US Air Force Central Command (AFCENT) located at Shaw AFB, SC.
This individual will drive the technical relationship with this customer by providing advanced architecture, implementation, and operational support of LogRhythm’s award winning security intelligence solution. They should possess analytical problem-solving skills, demonstrate initiative, and be able to pay attention to detail. They need to be willing to work outside their comfort zone and be open to learn new skills. Excellent communication and writing skills are essential and the ability to make formal presentations and speak effectively in groups are highly desirable.This individual must carrya US DoD Secret Clearance.
LogRhythm is a world leader in NextGen Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), empowering organizations to successfully reduce risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. Our platform combines user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), network traffic and behavior analytics (NTBA) and security orchestration, automation & response (SOAR) in a single end-to-end solution. Among other accolades, LogRhythm is positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant.
Responsibilities of the Position
· Provide ongoing LogRhythm Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) support services to administrator, maintain and upgrade the SIEM. (Training on LogRhythm tools is provided).
· Ensure all SIEM deployment components work properly, as designed, configured, and deployed. Monitor and adjust parameters to ensure efficient and desired performance.
· Manage user access, verify availability, monitor database loads, manage the SIEM application performance, capacity, and availability, monitor disk space, verify log continuity and log management. Report application problem determination/problem source investigation results.
· Perform SIEM system patch installations and upgrades and install application patches as needed, verify data collection, ensure backups are executed and completed successfully as well as testing for successful backup restore functionality.
· Provide administration of core functionality to achieve and maintain operational stability, to include technical support to deploy SIEM product solution Agents and Collectors and technical support to enable, tailor and tune SIEM Alarms.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a consultant in an environment that will translate over to deploying and integrating a complicated security intelligence solution into a global enterprise environment. Must have been a key contributor on complex projects for large enterprise companies or within the DoD community.
- Prefer experience working with SIEM, OR related network security products
- Strong background in Disaster Recovery concepts and operations.
- Medium to high skill set in MS SQL including searching tables, writing SQL queries, SQL Auditing.
- Medium to high skill set in MS Windows PowerShell.
- Medium skill set in Networking with emphasis on Cisco.
- Strong background in working with Regular Expressions (Regex).
- Strong background in network/systems administration. Ability to work at all layers of the OSI model.
- Must have knowledge of basic Windows setup, Windows Domains, trusts, GPOs, server roles, Windows security policies, basic Linux setup, user administration, shell features, package management, event logging, job scheduling, Linux kernel, Linux security and troubleshooting.
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize, or solve both complex and straightforward problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Must Carry a US DoD Secret Clearance
Axiom Technical Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance
CDC and DoD guidelines will be utilized.
- systems engineer: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)