Senior Applications Programmer/Developer
Compensation: W2/1099 hourly rate of $50 -65 depending on experience
Employment type: Mostly remote and part-time position
Place of Work: Remote, Greenbelt MD and Ft. Belvoir
The government (DLA) requires an electronic Point of Sale (EPoS) turn-key solution for capturing military fleet management fuel retail transactions at unattended military service stations, mobile ground fuel transactions and capturing aviation fuel transactions for mobile airfield/flight line operations that meets the current standards for Cybersecurity and Audit Readiness. This program will deploy 970 fixed pedestal devices to 350 domestic and international locations.
Securesoft Technologies LLC (SST), small Information Security company, based in Maryland, seeks a part-time Senior Applications Programmer to lead software and hardware design requirements, development, unit testing, and oversight of the EPoS software/hardware platform. The application programmer must possess experience with government programs, deriving customer requirements, design and architecting solutions in an integrated software and hardware environment for successful delivery of this position. This position is open to US citizens only.
Period of Performance: 6/20/2019 through 5/9/2034
Monthly Commitment: 100 hours to start; 80 hours a month on average.
· Technical software and hardware design and IT background with adequate technical breadth and superior communication and collaboration skills in order to successfully work with key stakeholders and contractors to solve business related problems or implement new solutions.
· CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) or equivalent and IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II (or ability to get prior to start)
· LINUX UBUNTU Certification (Or ability to get prior to start)
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field. Requires minimum of 5 years of combined experience in hardware and software configuration for the selected solution. Two years or more experience in international implementations
The Senior Applications Programmer is responsible for translating technical software and hardware specifications into software and hardware design and providing IT technical guidance to site-specific installers. The Senior Applications Programmer shall provide project leadership as the principal designer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaborates with business analysts, architects, others to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications
· Collects and documents user requirements
· Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of application software
· Designs, develops, and unit tests applications in accordance with established standards
· Participates in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
· Packages and supports deployment of releases
· Develops, refines, and tunes integrations and interfaces
· Configures services for performance, security, and error handling
· Analyzes and resolves technical and application problems
· Assesses opportunities for application and process improvement
· Assists in determining and enforcing development standards and best practices
· Performs application related Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and vulnerability reporting
Education and Experience:
The Senior Applications Programmer shall possess minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in related field. Requires minimum of 5 years of combined experience in hardware and software configuration for the selected solution. Two years or more experience in international implementations; this can be in conjunction with the five years of experience requested above. Experience includes:
· Certification in applicable experience areas
· Proficiency in analyzing user-defined functional, technical system requirements as well as writing design and technical specifications
· Proficiency in drafting integration test plans and integration test cases as well as executing and documenting integration testing activities
· Proficiency in complex testing and debugging of hardware and software solution
· Knowledge of Section 508 compliance
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $50.00 to $65.00 /hour
- technical and hardware design: 3 years (Required)
- Linux Ubuntu Certification (Required)
- CASP+ or equivalent and IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II (Required)