Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2017, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.9 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are looking for a dynamic high performer to join our fast paced and exciting Services Team. We are a SMART technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our markets, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society. Our field service engineers & superintendents are regularly assigned to attend to our customer’s installations (ships, rigs, and power plants) for complex equipment troubleshooting and repairs for many days or weeks at a time.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE HAVE
We are a SMART Technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our business, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society.
We have an AWESOME & TALENTED services team that is GROWING the business
As an OEM we work at our customer installations and in our own facilities on complex & potentially dangerous rotating machinery, so SAFETY & HEALTH of our people and QUALITY of our work are extremely important to us and our customers
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team of Field Services professionals who are able to independently work and take decisions under pressure in combination with analytical/critical thinking and excellent knowledge about 4-stroke Diesel engines.
We are looking for a safety & quality minded, dynamic, flexible and detail oriented high performer to join our fast paced and exciting Services Team. We are a SMART technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our markets, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
Perform Mechanical maintenance and/or trouble shooting on Wartsila products or similar medium bore diesel engines
- Overhaul engine components in workshop and at site/on board including some in situ machining.
- Carry out engine product trouble shooting, routine maintenance & components investigation.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. auxiliary equipment).
- Pre-commissioning of engines and Perform Mechanical commissioning.
- Prepare Service reports and travel expenses on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Identify failures, making adjustments, assist on trial runs and testing of Mechanical installations according to instructions.
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards. Perform site audits.
- Collect and organize time and expense reports. Reporting and informing administrative personnel as required.
- Report executed work according to Wärtsilä standards.
English, second language is a plus
- MS Office tools
- IM applications and IM tools
- Wärtsilä knowledge
- Communication skills & customer relations
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to deal with people of different nationality.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to travel around USA for at least 7-8 month per year and also abroad when required.
- Able to generate technical service reports
BS degree + 2 year of related experience, or AS degree and 3 years of experience, or High School Diploma /Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG) + 5 years of experience
Mechanical engineer on Wartsila Diesel Engine or similar Medium bore applications as a Lead Man
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a Lead Man
- Lead man experience
- Mechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
- Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
- Gas engine Knowledge A+
- Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
- Experience with pre commissioning and commissioning of medium bore diesel engines.
Wärtsilä Canada values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wartsila Canada is an equal opportunity employer under the Government of Canada's Federal Contractors Program.