The primary responsibility of the Project Engineer position is the installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment. In addition, this position designs and manages plant capital and maintenance projects within an industrial, production facility. Responsibilities are performed in an effective and efficient manner, and contribute to a collaborative teamwork environment within the assigned facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret requesting department’s needs for new or refurbished equipment, systems, and facilities, and propose viable alternatives and solutions.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules and performance objectives for capital and expense projects.
- Design cost-effective new, modified or replacement equipment, buildings, structures or systems per applicable codes to meet production, environmental and safety requirements.
- Prepare specifications and obtain competitive bids and estimates for labor and material costs to acquire funding to complete assigned engineering projects.
- Analyze and recommend bids, estimate labor costs, downtime costs and material costs to develop a budget.
- Provide mechanical engineering functions as needed to fellow engineers for projects in other disciplines.
- Oversee, direct and supervise contractors and consultants during design, construction, modification, and installation of plant equipment, facilities and systems.
- Coordinate with plant maintenance and operations for various projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ project management experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Heavy industrial engineering experience and familiarity with the mechanical design of metal forming or chemical equipment preferred
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with mechanical component suppliers to resolve system integration issues
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Ability to generate, read, and understand circuit schematics, BOMs and assembly drawings.
- Familiarity with mechanical 2D drawings
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver on time and within budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise reports that are understandable by the target audience
- Demonstrated initiative; results oriented
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to build relationships, communicate effectively, and present ideas confidently and persuasively
- Ability to prepare, or to participate (as author, co-author, or editor) in the preparation of written reports, memorandums, papers, or other documents related to the subject matter of this position
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, walk-level surface, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to walk-uneven surface, climb stairs, climb ladder.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position typically operates at times in standard office and factory environments.
- This position frequently operates in a dusty, noisy environment that requires use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protectors, safety glasses, hard hat, and metatarsal shoes.
- This position is infrequently exposed to chemicals and hot and cold temperatures; infrequently required to wear a respirator.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy industrial engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- project management: 2 years (Preferred)
- mechanical design of metal forming or chemical equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- mechanical 2D drawings: 1 year (Preferred)
- cost estimating, scheduling of capital and expense projects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Company's Facebook page: