NY Swap is a start-up company that is launching its global money transfer business. NY Swap is seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to fill a few full-time positions as a Software Engineer to maintain and improve its mobile app. If you are looking to work for a growing company in a flexible environment, this is a great role for you!
You will be part of the engineer team responsible for the maintenance and development of NY Swap’s cross-border remittance platform, and to improve a globally accessible and scalable financial mobile app. This is a position with great potential. The perfect candidate for this role should have entrepreneurial spirit, be willing to work in a dynamic environment, and be eager to create the best product. You should have some basic understanding of financial technologies and comfortable with an agile approach. You should also be generally interested in understanding the business itself.
You will work with other software engineers remotely. And you will be engaged in both front-end and back-end development.
Qualifications for the Software Engineer
A good candidate is expected to master at least half of the below skills
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
· Experience in building and scaling successful money transfer / international payments products is desired but not required.
- Master’s degree or higher is required
- Mandarin speaking is preferred but not mandatory
Other things to know
· This job doesn't require the employee work in the office on a daily basis. However, we do require the employee come in to attend meetings in person on a need basis.
· For high performing employees, we will provide sponsorship for working visa if required
This is a solid opportunity for a Software Engineer to make their mark working for a company who have the resource, culture, and freedom to innovate and scale quickly. Salary will be dependent on qualification.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
We follow New York City's COVID policy.
Work Location: One location