The Opportunity | R&D Project Engineer
The Project Engineer will be responsible for the support, analysis, design and development of our relief valve products to ensure conformance to all applicable regulatory standards and meet customer requirements. They will also support other projects and initiatives as necessary to attain the Farris Engineering business goals and objectives.
- Perform technical review and benchmarking analysis of competitive products.
- Technical review of new product proposals
- Develop solutions to complex technical problems by use of their experience and detailed theoretical analysis.
- Develop design concepts and prototype part details for new products.
- Perform tests on new / experimental product designs
- Produce Engineering Reports documenting all product development and testing functions.
- Work with manufacturing and materials management to develop engineering specifications, assembly and test procedures for new products and vendor sources.
- Some travel required in support of product development and/or sourcing.
- Minimum five years or more mechanical design experience.
- Although not mandatory, the preferred candidate for this position shall have engineering experience working with fluid control products such as pressure relief valves, control valves, gate and globe valves, pumps, etc.
- A working knowledge of the ASME Boiler & Pressure vessel code, ASTM material specifications and piping system design is also desirable.
- Experience with performance testing of products in a laboratory environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, and bring issues to resolution.
- Solid technical writing skills & experience producing technical reports.
- Strong computer skills and aptitude to adapt to growing Windows system complexities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project Manager, and PowerPoint tools.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering degree preferred). Candidates with other Engineering Degrees are acceptable based on their experience and other qualifications.
- Training in the use of computer aided design software (AutoCad, ProEngineer) is desired.
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled