FD Plastics is a growing organization in the plastic industry, providing custom compounding service. This is a great opportunity to make a positive impact in the business and grow with the Company.
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager, the Process Development Engineer will be responsible of the process development of our biomaterial product. In collaboration with the Product development group, he will establish design of experiment, specified requires equipment and run trials to prove concept. The Process Development Engineer will also be responsible to establish a material science lab and train operators and technician. He will be responsible to summarize and analyze all data and present them to the development group.
- Coordinate and manage the compound project in order to completed according to the required criteria and timeline.
- Develop design of experiments
- Plan, supervise and run trials (drying, extrusion, etc.)
- Develop and document testing procedure according to standard method
· Collect and analyze trials and test data
- Communicate results to development group
- Maintain database and documentation link to the projects and product applications.
- Participate in the elaboration of product development plan
- Accountable for testing machine operation, maintenance, calibration as well as training
- Coordinate test and trials with external lab
- Plan the scale up of the operation
- Coordinate the technical aspect related to the projects perform with our strategic partners and research centers.
- Oversea the operation of the pilot plan
- Train and support operators with newly establish process
- Participate to market development
- Support other miscellaneous projects
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
· Preferred candidate will have bachelor’s in engineering
· 5 years experience in process development engineering
· Must possess a strong knowledge of polymer & reinforced compound
· Strong knowledge and experience of material science equipment and standard
· Applied Knowledge in designing test protocols, conducting testing, analyzing data and summarizing research result for validation testing
· Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Good spoken and written French&English
· Ability to work hands-on
Job Type: Full-time
- Process development: 5 years (Preferred)