Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is based on competitive and innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented people who support our culture of collaboration and innovation. Our unique entrepreneurial culture encourages all employees to assume significant levels of responsibility. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Automation Engineer Interns are responsible for learning and contributing business value to projects utilizing a variety of automation technologies and platforms. These technologies are deployed to improve speed, efficiency, and quality control of Global Atlantic individual markets insurance processes.
Automation Engineer Interns are given the opportunity to learn and work on projects across the entire technology lifecycle. Beginning with business need identification, to solution design, development, and installation in our production technology environment. Essential duties and responsibilities will be completed in direct partnership with the Individual Markets Technology Team.
Technology platforms potentially in scope for this internship:
- Amazon Web Services
- Informatica Cloud
- Control M
- Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud
- Others as warranted
- Learn the Global Atlantic life insurance and retirement business ecosystems. Understand how Global Atlantic administers business, distribution channel model, service model, and technology underpinnings that support the business.
- Work as part of a scrum team, or individually, to develop high quality automation software that enhance the efficiency, speed, or quality of service delivery in our life insurance and retirement businesses.
- Learn the Global Atlantic software development lifecycle, from solution design, development, testing, production and support. Execute tasks as part of a team supporting this lifecycle.
- Monitor and report to management on the performance of the production automation ecosystem. Identify breakage and communicate to management issue status, maintenance recommendations, and execute recommendations upon approval.
- Participate in business meetings to help business partners identify automation opportunities, leverage your learned expertise to help identify the appropriate technical solution, and estimate complexity of delivery, including cost, quality, and resource intensity to build and maintain.
- Working towards a B.A or B.S in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or other relevant technical disciplines.
- Must have programming and/or coding experience.
- Willingness to research and learn on their own; ability to read and understand documentation.
- Strong communication skills; ability to collaborate with business partners and other technical architects.
- Experience with programming languages.
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
In Des Moines, we actively partner with Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa, Make a Wish, and United Way. Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels like they can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. We encourage qualified applicants from all demographics to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
( https://www.linkedin.com/company/global-atlantic-financial-group/ )
( https://fast.wistia.net/embed/channel/ok7p107w2j )
Global Atlantic Financial Company Employee Candidate Privacy Notice ( https://www.globalatlantic.com/sites/default/files/upload/files/GA_Candidate_Applicant_Privacy_Notice_11051919.pdf )