Now hiring a Software Process Engineer in Southfield, Michigan!
Trillium Technical is seeking a Software Process Engineer in the Southfield, MI area for a contract position. Pay will be based on experience. As a member of the Process Improvements team, the Process Engineer leads product development teams to improved performance by aligning current processes and practices with industry best practices, standards, and business· goals. The ideal candidate is one who has developed electronics products as a Systems, Electronics or Software engineer, then has transitioned to a Process Engineer role where they leverage their knowledge. The Process Engineer is not a developer, but rather a person who systematically promotes best practices to developers.
- Develop a deep understanding of development concepts, practices and tools used.
- Perform gap analysis, prioritize gaps, engage SMEs, leaders and Tools team to create efficient and effective solutions
- Train users, pilot, roll out, and support revised processes
- Help users successfully adopt processes, and tailor as needed to fit the project’s circumstances.
- Evaluate and act on Process Change Requests.
If you’re interested in this Software Process Engineer opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree is ideal.
- Process improvement and related standards, including CMMI or Automotive
- SPICE, Functional Safety as per IS026262, and CyberSecurity
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills. Ability to advocate best practices. Analytical skills to diagnose & resolve process & tool issues
- Record of successful and measurable process/performance improvement initiatives
- Experience with ALM tools in support of process/business goals
- At least five years of electronics development experience as a Systems, Electrical or Software engineer, preferably within the automotive industry
- Quality Assurance background is helpful
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals.