Georg Fischer Central Plastics, LLC is part of GF Piping Systems which has three divisions. Headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland), the division is a leading supplier of piping systems. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals and gases, as well as corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology. GF Central Plastics is the largest GF company in the Americas, located in Shawnee, OK.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of manufacturing projects on time within budget and scope. He/she will oversee all aspects of manufacturing projects from planning, implementation and pilot runs and release. The Manufacturing Project Manager will work with Design Engineers, Production Management and Manufacturing Engineers to align on priorities, to set proper project deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor/summarize progress of projects. Maintaining a healthy velocity of development activities is critical for continued growth and profitability. The Manufacturing Project Manager shall use proven innovative techniques and tools to reduce "go-live" time and to increase the number of GF Central Plastics LLC manufacturing projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the efficient and effective execution of projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Report project statuses to management on a predefined basis.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Escalate issues to management as needed when risks and/or delays arise.
- Ensure resource availability and focus through each development gate.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Maintain corporate project reporting (i.e. SmartSheet or equivalent.)
- Adhere to ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 14000 Environmental, and OSHAS 18001 certification requirements.
- Lead project team meetings and set tone of accountability.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical or scientific field and/or a minimum of 5-7 years project team management experience. Project management certification is very strongly preferred.
- Language skills (verbal, written, listening), software skills, analytical skills, presentation skills, team player, etc.
- Experience with milestone development processes including ideation, design, verification, validation, production, and launch.
- Must be able to manage others that do not directly report in a project management role.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions:
Typical office/factory environment with possibility of exposure to heat in production areas.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
Must be able to use project management software, spreadsheet software and word processing.
- Maintain a 40 hours work week and have ability to work longer hours as required.
- Basic knowledge of relevant CAD software are desirable or should be acquired
- Must be capable of working in the manufacturing environment using proper safety equipment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
May apply on our website:
Georg Fischer Central Plastics, LLC provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Fully vaccinated individuals may choose whether or not to wear a mask. Unvaccinated employees and guests are requested to wear a mask when inside GF facilities.
- Project Management: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)