Hammer & Steel, a leading supplier of drilling and pile driving equipment, with seven offices in the United States seeks Sales Engineers to be initially based in St. Louis, Missouri.
At Hammer & Steel, our Sales Engineers provide technical solutions to our valued customers who encompass foundation and general contractors as well as equipment operators.
We seek new graduates as well as experienced applicants that are professional, energetic, goal oriented, willing to travel and most importantly customer centric. A Sales Engineer is to ensure a positive customer experience before and after the sale to drive repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and prospective customers in an assigned territory with the objective of securing new business.
- Negotiate and draft comprehensive written proposals for the sale or rental of equipment.
- Visit existing and prospective customers at their job sites within an assigned territory to identify future opportunities and address any concerns.
- Interface with our operations group to ensure customer orders for piling, piling driving and drilling equipment are fulfilled according to customer specifications.
- Monitor competitive activity / products and timely communicate developments to management and colleagues, accordingly.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotech, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or Technical Field required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience or knowledge of the foundation and shoring industries desired but not required.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, Word and Office is required.
- Ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
WHAT HAMMER & STEEL OFFERS SALES ENGINEERS
An experienced mentor to provide comprehensive, hands-on training and the tools to ensure professional success. An opportunity for advancement including the ability to relocate to one of the company’s eight existing or future locations. Highly competitive compensation that will eventually include significant commission potential after successful completion of training.
- 401K with company match
- Generous company funded Profit Sharing Plan
- Medical insurance
- Company paid Life, LTD and AD&D
- Paid time off (PTO) & company paid Holidays
- Dental, vision and short-term disability options
- Relocation allowance
Applicants are subject to background check and drug testing.
Please visit our website (www.hammersteel.com) to learn more about Hammer & Steel.
If interested in this position, please apply online at www.hammersteel.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance