Hanson Professional Services Inc. (Hanson) is seeking candidates to fill a Senior Civil Engineer position in our Austin office to support our ever-growing Infrastructure Market. As Hanson looks to grow its central Texas office, we have highlighted the need for a Senior Civil Engineer to optimize client coordination, project production, and technical staff development. Join us now and be part of this exciting growth and success!
Position Profile: This role will be a combination of resource and client management, technical production, and staff supervision and development. The Senior Civil Engineer will oversee, guide, and mentor staff and interface with the project managers located in a variety of geographies to produce the various deliverables required as part of our infrastructure practice, as well as in support to other Hanson markets. Technically, the Senior Civil Engineer will be called upon as a project engineer on tasks that include many fundamentals of civil engineering. The design of pavements, stormwater management, water and wastewater utilities along with site development projects, reflect projects associated with this position. Client coordination and project manager assistance with various municipal Capital Improvement Program (CIP) development and project visioning prior to the design phase is also an integral part of the position.
The target candidate will offer 10-15 years of general civil engineering experience with an emphasis in municipal engineering and civil site design and be seeking an environment that offers both autonomous work circumstances balanced with the comradery of working as part of a growing team.
The ideal candidate will additionally have: 1) experience managing subordinate design staff across multiple offices in varying regions, 2) be seeking upward growth opportunities, 3) possess a practical project accounting knowledge and a verifiable ability to produce high-quality products within budget, 4) will function equally effective in both client-facing and internal-facing circumstances, and 5) offer the desire, an ability and willingness to actively engage in the industry.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Day-to-day task oversight and assignment of civil sitework, water and wastewater, stormwater management and municipal street design, perform engineering duties including project need assessments and justification, preparation of supporting calculations, authoring of engineering reports and technical documentation, and development and review of project bidding documents.
- Perform construction administration duties including submittal review, review of contractor pay applications, evaluating construction progress for compliance with contract documents, and the direction of testing and engineering support personnel and subconsultants.
- Coordinate and communicate field construction activities with client, contractor, and design team.
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings with current and future clients.
- Perform presentations to existing and future clients, councils, boards, commissions, and governing bodies.
- Provide leadership to subordinate design staff, including mentoring, training, and production assistance.
- Interface with leadership to assess performance.
- Assist in recruiting and retention of staff.
- Familiarity with civil design practices and communities within Central Texas.
- Experience working with municipalities, counties, water corporations, water districts and municipal utility districts.
- Awareness and comprehension of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) rules and regulations.
- Experience interacting with peer disciplines including but not limited to roadways, electrical design, and water resources.
- Experience in working with various funding agencies and funding programs.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D proficiencies.
- A history of effective teambuilding and leadership of project teams over a broad project range.
- Must be able to build productive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including being able to communicate complex technical concepts both visually and in text, to other engineers, clients, and public stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills.
- Ability and willingness to assist early-career staff in setting and achieving annual goals.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of civil design experience, preferably in the municipal industry.
- At minimum, possess an active Professional Engineers license in Texas or the ability to obtain within six (6) months.
Working at Hanson:
- Work assignment flexibility including being available to travel for out-of-town assignments, primarily daytrips or evening attendance of local client meetings.
- Hours worked will vary based on project demands, including occasional, periodic overtime.
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER EEO MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Work Location: One location