The Energy Efficiency Engineer will be responsible for:
- Review and analysis of energy audits: Review and analyze energy audits completed by third-party consultants and contractors to identify and verify energy conservation opportunities.
- Identification of energy conservation opportunities: Identify potential energy efficiency projects associated with building HVAC systems, controls, building envelopes, and boilers and chillers.
Contribute to the development of project scopes of work and cost estimates.
- Quantification of energy conservation opportunities: Use utility bill data to determine building energy performance parameters. Calculate expected energy usage savings and cost savings for
energy efficiency projects. Use temperature bin analysis methods to calculate energy usage savings associated with improvements to mechanical HVAC equipment and systems.
- Commissioning oversight for new projects: Attend meetings with the design and construction team to review project goals, schedules, and design, construction, and commissioning documents.
Provide guidance to ensure that commissioning activities are completed at the appropriate times during the construction process and that installed equipment and systems can be properly
commissioned and maintained. Review project specifications and design documentation to ensure projects are consistent with design intent, design basis, and owner project requirements.
Provide field verification through witnessing and testing to ensure project quality and adherence to design.
- Management of commissioning documentation and tracking of commissioning issues: Review commissioning verification sheets and test procedures. Review final commissioning report and
systems manual. Oversee all commissioning documentation transfer to the agency. Track and maintain accurate records about commissioning issues.
- Re-commissioning support for existing facilities: Conduct re-commissioning at existing agency facilities.
- Support measurement and verification (M&V): Help develop M&V plans consistent with the International Performance, Measurement and Verification Protocol and support M&V for installed
- Overall support for Energy Team: Contribute to the initiatives being advanced by the NYPD’s Energy Team. Provide strategic and technical insight into the energy savings opportunities that may
be most appropriate for the agency
Minimum Qual Requirements
At least six years of full-time satisfactory experience in construction management work on capital projects, each one of which must have had a dollar value of at least $15,000, at least eighteen months of which must have been in a managerial or consultative capacity in an organization responsible for the management of construction; and a combination of the following, sufficient to equal a total of ten years of education and experience:
a. Full-time satisfactory experience in construction inspection on capital projects, each one of which must have had a dollar value of at least $15,000. One year of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of construction inspection experience up to a maximum of four years.
b. Full-time satisfactory experience in building construction as a journeyperson in one or more of the skilled building construction trades. One year of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of journeyperson experience up to a maximum of four years.
c. Education in an accredited college leading to a bachelor's degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or air pollution control, chemical, civil including structural and bridge design, electrical, mechanical, or sanitary engineering will be credited on the basis of 30 credits for one year of acceptable experience up to a maximum of four years.
A New York State license as a professional engineer or registered architect or a license as a professional engineer or registered architect from a state that has reciprocity with New York State may be substituted for the four years of education and experience described in "a", "b" and "c" above. However, all candidates must have at least six years of experience in construction management work described above, including at least eighteen months in a managerial or consultative capacity in an organization responsible for the management of construction.
Possession of a Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York. Employees must maintain the license during their employment.
Click "Apply Now"
1 Police Plaza, N.Y.
This position is exempt for NYC Residency Requirements.