Companion, the leader in ATM signage and branding, is seeking an experienced Engineer/Draftsman to joint our team. Since 1980, Companion has worked with the largest financial institutions in the industry designing and manufacturing ATM signage. For nearly four decades, Companion has created industry-leading ATM surrounds, kiosks, enclosures, toppers and other ATM-signage products. We are looking for quality candidates to join our successful team in North Salt Lake, UT.
We are looking for a creative individual with a professional manner and good organizational skills to generate CAD and SolidWorks files for internal and external customers as requested. Must have knowledge of creating sectional view drawings and engineering practices. Good communication skills, self motivated, responsible and ability to take direction.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that are created.
- Draft detailed, multiple view drawings, schematics, etc.
- Analyze engineering sketches, customer specs and all relevant data to determine design.
- Modify existing drawings to reflect changes for production.
- Create engineering orders and engineering change notices.
- Ensure drafting is compliant to applicable industry standards.
- Create functional and cost effective documents that meet customer and industry specifications.
- Ability to model 3-D objects and assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Production environment with heavy workload and tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Formal drafting education, training ( associate’s degree) or 3 + years experience required.
- Knowledge of principles of engineering.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and CAD programs.
- Aptitude to work constructively under stress in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong problems solving skills
- Knowledge of construction and mechanics helpful.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational/communication skills.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Project leadership skills and experience helpful.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Vacation / Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place