A colorado-based multi-disciplinary engineering company, that is 100% Employee Owned, has an open position for a Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer in our Denver area regional office. The firm is presently executing an aggressive plan for expansion along the Front Range with a unique mix of services within the development and building industry. This plan requires the hiring of dynamic and capable directors who can perform independently while cooperating within a team framework.
This position serves as the Director of Geotechnical Operations for the regional office located in the Denver Metro area. Management of this operation will require a diverse range of defined skills in the areas of geotechnical expertise, local industry experience, communication, staff management, operational organization, client service, and business development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, oversight, and performance of the geotechnical engineering services for the Denver Regional Office.
This candidate will also be responsible for:
- Oversight of geotechnical engineering services for our Metro Denver service area,
- Develop and coordinate with clients on Geotechnical investigations,
- Development and supervision of site-specific geotechnical investigations,
- Supervision of laboratory soils testing and preparation of laboratory test reports,
- Analysis of geotechnical data and development of appropriate recommendations for earthwork operations, foundation design, pavement subgrades, etc.
- Development and supervision of pavement subgrade investigations and pavement design reports for flexible and rigid pavements,
- Coordination with other Geotechnical Engineering staff in the company,
- Coordination with other company disciplines ( Architecture, Structural, Construction Material Testing services)
- Proactive mindset and the desire to advance geotechnical practices both in the company and industry.
The ideal candidate should be a highly-motivated person focused on superior client service with a desire to excel in a fast-paced environment. Minimum requirements include:
- BSCE with geotechnical emphasis (MSCE is desirable),
- 10+ years of progressive geotechnical experience
- Colorado licensed Professional Engineer,
- Experience with Colorado Front Range soil conditions including expansive soils, land development, and residential-type projects and pavement design,
- Proven ability to lead and mentor engineering and laboratory staff
- Desire to be a leader within the company,
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Recognized skills in technical, managerial and client-related problem solving
- Strong interest in Business Development to support the firms Marketing Team
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our focus and mission statement remain centered on the philosophy of “Building long term relationships through creative solutions, practical designs, and reliable service”.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, PTO, 401k, and a casual dress atmosphere.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send resume and salary requirement to the email listed above
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom due to C-19 restrictions.
- Geotechnical Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative