Lionheart Games is looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer with a strong desire to contribute to every aspect of development, and who knows what it means to take responsibility and deliver excellent results. You have the skills and knowledge to build and support systems with large user volume, and you can translate that into functioning code that our players can enjoy.
Joining us means being part of a team with the passion and inherent drive to create innovative, high-performing games. We are intellectually curious and excited to apply the latest game development innovations to our projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial environment that embraces new and different ideas. Everyone at Lionheart Games is excited about creating the best mobile games possible, and we empower one another to learn and grow from our collective experiences. All of this means more chances for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
- Involvement in all areas of server development, including cloud services and frameworks, architecture planning, implementation, deployment, and maintenance, database design and implementation, open source frameworks, and Linux
- Create and support lightweight systems documentation and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, and portable code that can scale to millions of active users
- Independently design and develop complete solutions from scratch
- Proactively identify technical risks and issues for the team
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical and design; solve for the best player experience
- 1-3 years of professional game development experience or experience developing server-side applications with mobile tech stacks
- Cloud solutions experience, hosting services such as AWS, Azure, or Google
- Experience with noSQL, memcache systems, Jenkins, docker
- Experience and knowledge of REST API development and interaction, microservices
- Mastery of C++ and experience with C#, Java, Python, and other languages
- Capacity to teach, learn from, and build connections with experienced developers from diverse backgrounds (even if not in games or from a non-technical background)
- Thrive in an environment of independence and responsibility without assigned tasks
- Great interpersonal skills; an open and respectful attitude towards others and their work
- Passion for mobile games and live systems development
- IMPORTANT: All applicants, regardless of experience, must be willing to take and pass a test evaluating your relevant skills.
- 5+ years of applicable games industry experience
- Graduate (or higher) education in the field of Computer Science
- Experience with PlayFab, GameSpark, or other game back end systems
- Experience with ASP.NET Core
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,798.38 - $140,052.89 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Are you available for relocation?
- How many years of Professional Server experience do you have in games?
- How many years have you worked with C++ professionally?
Work Location: One location