This role will support on-going NPI projects through from Alpha build to factory integration and hand-over. As well as help to deploy, evaluate and demonstrate solutions and / or technical methods to meet the project and business needs and to provide robust, high quality products to the business. The R&D Engineer will also be responsible for Support of the Customer Centre with technical knowledge and measurements on Tier 3 customer related questions.
- Gather the technical input to assigned problems and make specific recommendations on the solution within the R&D and Engineering team
- Conduct designed experiments and process collected data to comprehensible records and overviews
- Provide detailed evidence to support the recommended solutions, which may include but not necessarily be limited to: Demonstration for the recommended solution, detailed test reports, technical specifications and descriptions
- To use rigorous problem-solving techniques and methods using appropriate tools and methods
- To use experimental techniques and methods in product development by application of the most relevant and up to date methods and equipment resulting in rigorous and time-efficient results
- Information seeking and self-development to enhance knowledge, innovation and share it with team
- Adherence to project plans, gates and deadlines
- Adhere to company processes to ensure Quality, Safety and Business needs are met and enhanced
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering or related field required.
Experience with vacuum equipment or related field preferred. Internships & Coursework considered.
Confident grasp of fundamental technical matters, indicated by speed, accuracy and quality of work.
Ability to carry out standard tasks correctly, without needing to seek assistance.
Awareness of broader business and company strategic goals,
Acquires and applies specialist knowledge in practical situations.
Analytical thinking, identifies root cause and propose / implement effective solutions.
HW/SW/Measurement knowledge, quality tools experience
Fluent in English
PC literacy (MS Office), statistical software basics will be required
Hard working, stress resistant, communicative
Self-driven and motivated team player
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.