Specializing in structural engineering, building science, structural restoration, structural glass and façade engineering and parking facility design and restoration, RJC Engineers is one of North America's leading engineering firms. With a staff of more than 600 employees in eleven locations across the country, we offer highly personalized service at the local level with the expertise, depth and resources of a large, national firm.
We are proud of our ability to balance creativity with practicality to help our clients achieve their vision. To us, creativity means working collaboratively to find distinctive and effective solutions for every project, developing new techniques and processes when called for, and knowing how and when to adapt proven methods and apply the most beneficial technology. Creativity starts with the ingenuity of our people.
We have a culture of learning and facilitating growth of skills and capabilities; of helping our people fulfill their potential through coaching, teamwork, challenging work assignments and open communications. We strongly believe that if you feel engaged and driven to excel, you will enjoy your daily work experience, and that will result in a level of service that will keep our clients coming back.
As a Structural Design Engineer you will be faced with a myriad of challenges that will require you to be a versatile and creative thinker. A strong communicator with a driving passion for what you do, you work directly with our clients to provide cost effective, pragmatic and imaginative solutions. You don’t shy away from a challenge and enjoy working freely, while looking to those around you to collaborate and problem solve.
The focus of this position will be on the structural design of building components, so you are able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions with ease.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare detailed structural design of buildings including commercial, residential, institutional and sports/recreation complexes, and bridges.
- Assist with development of preliminary structural design concepts.
- Work with the project team from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion.
- Assist with design checks for other engineers’ work (portions of projects).
- Ensure quality compliance for your portions of projects by maintaining design/checking notes.
*Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Civil Engineering Degree from an accredited university – courses in concrete, steel, wood design preferred. It would be an asset to have a Masters level degree with exposure to dynamics of structures, seismic response of structures and seismic design of structures.
- 5-10 years’ of structural engineering experience.
- Registered Engineer-In-Training/Professional Engineer with EGBC.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to the link below:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent