05/03/2021 - 05/30/2021
Headquarters Facilities Department
Electrician Job Description
The purpose of this position is to "seek to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion."
Performs Journeyman level electrical work by exercising the acquired and developed skills pertaining to installation, maintenance, new construction, and repair of electrical distribution systems including low and medium voltage.
HQF North Zone, SLC, UT
Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm
Based on experience
- Scope, design, engineer new and existing installations to minimize waste, and maximize efficiency. Installs conduit, wire and devices uniformly and avoids unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, and is consistent with specifications, local and National Electrical Codes.
- Troubleshoot and repair of complex commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Provide preventive maintenance support of all existing building systems, including generators, transfer switches, UPS's, VFD's and emergency lighting control systems.
- Prepares sketches and drawings showing location of all wiring and equipment or follows schematics and diagrams and blueprints prepared by others. Coordinates activities with other crafts to insure minimum transition during new construction or remodeling.
- May be asked to supervise apprentices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Responsibilities may include low voltage lighting controls and telecom duties.
- Completed four-year electrical apprenticeship through an applied technical college, in conjunction with four years on the job training or equivalent experience required for licensure. Commercial experience preferred
- Must have current licensure as a Commercial Master or Journeyman Electrician in the state in which the work is performed.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be competent in the design and installation of all electrical systems and wiring methods.
- Must be able to work in a professional manner with others as well as alone without constant supervision. Must have a positive attitude with the ability to work as a team.
- Must be able to understand English for general communication, video training, building security, and safety. Also, must be capable of understanding instructions both verbally and in writing and able to listen and ask clarifying questions as needed.
- Must pass all required safety and equipment certifications and trainings.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- May be required to become DOT certified.
- May be required to obtain BICSI certification.
- Must have the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to safely work from ladders, scaffolds and mechanical lifts and other high locations for extended periods of time.
- Must have good eye-hand-foot coordination as well as stable, controlled hand movement.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, push, and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to independently lift objects weighing as much as 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must be able to team lift and position objects weighing as much as 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to fit in 2 foot by 2 foot openings such as attics, crawl spaces, steam tunnels, etc.
- Must have at least 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses and not less than 120 degrees combined horizontal peripheral vision.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
POSTING NOTICE/MORE INFO.
All positions are subject to close without notice.