Building Maintenance Engineer
Downtown Development Group LLC is owned by the Goodman Family and has been investing in commercial property in Portland since 1955. DDG manages approximately 1,000,000 square feet of retail, office, storage, and industrial real estate primarily in downtown Portland.
We are seeking a full-time Building Maintenance Engineer as part of our team of professionals in the Portland area.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A high school diploma or GED. Trade school is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Building Maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word. Knowledge of Yardi for tracking work orders and approving invoices is a plus.
- Must be familiar with the safe use of maintenance tools.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, including weekends, responding to emergency calls, as required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Ability to travel between job sites in a safe and timely manner.
- Strong customer service skills, multi-tasking skills, team player and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete scheduled routine tasks quickly and efficiently, without supervision.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical and plumbing fixtures basic to office buildings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required duties & responsibilities: The activities listed here are not all-inclusive, rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position.
- Maintain the properties so that each is in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Timely completion of daily work orders and repairs for commercial, retail and industrial spaces.
- Effective communication with property management team and tenants to convey completion of work orders and repairs.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled property maintenance functions that may include, but are not limited to: preventative maintenance, filter changes, HVAC repairs, light bulb changes, caulking, and painting.
- Perform regular inspections of the buildings, including rooftops accessed by ladder, and perform routine preventative maintenance throughout the life of the property.
- Walk the exteriors and common areas of the buildings daily to ensure grounds, ceilings, walls, and windows are clean and that property has excellent curb appeal.
- Be able to appraise damage and determine the ability to handle situations autonomously and/or determine the need to hire outside contractors. A sound knowledge of fair market pricing for outside vendors and an ability to negotiate better terms for the property’s benefit.
- Responding to work orders that pertain to janitorial issues or exterior cleaning.
- Accurately record time worked and adhere to time keeping guidelines set by management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager.
Schedule: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday with some on-call hours.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and background, and a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, 401k and parking in downtown.
Job offer subject to background check and drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Building Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma