- Doctoral Degree
- Master's Degree
- Communication Skills
As a member of technology organization, the Technical Packaging Engineer will lead design and development of functional and quality packaging materials and components. You will drive packaging innovation project from conception to commercialization by conducting hands on design and testing experiments to ensure the new packaging products are unique and meets desired functionality and regulatory requirements. You will work on planning and defining project in close partnership with marketing, sales, supply chain, project management and external customers. You will work with plant packaging engineering team on troubleshooting and implementation of new packaging components as needed.
1. Design and develop packaging materials and components with functional attributes that meets customers’ needs
2. Combine technical skills and knowledge with business acumen to drive projects from conception to completion.
3. Develop or select materials for 3D printing
4. Create and evaluate prototype the packaging components by 3D printing.
5. Identify and investigate packaging technologies and champion implementation of selected designs by demonstrating value to Avantor and customers.
6. Evaluate packaging component compatibility, compliance, safety
7. Identify , select and manage third party development or manufacturing organization as needed
8. Completes Process Hazards Reviews, process development reports, validation reports and technology transfer documentation.
9. Works collaboratively across the organization.
Education: Ph. D. in packaging engineering or equivalent engineering degree with certificate in packaging engineering and relevant experience.
Candidates with Master’s degree and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience will be considered
Two to five years of experience in designing and development of unique packaging components and materials
Read and interpret engineering drawing and specifications
3D printing and design software’s such as CAD, sketch-up
Working knowledge of life science industry and cGMP is a plus
Entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to use natural curiosity in real world situations.
Effective verbal and written communication
Adept at managing resources, deadlines, and details with limited directionProject and program management
Able to think strategically, while also possessing the tactical skills to implement
Getting things done
Eagerness to go beyond typically described norms to help company and others in team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@vwr.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.