Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Montgomery, AL (Part-Time Telework Permitted)
US Citizenship required
Our client is a small business focused on modern application development, cloud and data analytics. Our past performance is a mix of commercial and federal business that allows us to leverage the latest commercial technologies and processes and adapt them to the Federal government. We take a User Centered Design approach to identifying user needs and rapidly develop prototypes using modern software engineering practices and tools.
We are seeking strong Software Engineers to support the US Air Force BESPIN project in Montgomery, AL. Part-Time telework is permitted. Candidates must be passionate, energized and excited to work on modern architectures and solve challenging problems for our clients.
BESPIN (named after a planet in Star Wars) is an exciting new Air Force initiative to use modern, commercial software development practices to quickly get capabilities delivered to Airmen. Our specific project in this lab is to develop an online Global Air Traffic Management (iGATM) catalog that can be used by various organizations to find and order parts. Our approach will be similar to developing an e-commerce platform that integrates with other Air Force systems.
- Support Discovery and Framing activities to engage users and understand their requirements. Create artifacts for personas, scenarios, journey maps, etc.
- Work with designers to develop front-end design and approach for the application
- Use Lean, Agile and DevSecOps best practices to iteratively build features of the application for testing and feedback
- Continue to iterate with the user until a Minimally Viable Product (MVP) is deployed to end users
- Continue adding additional features and support the application that has been fielded
- 2+ years experience with front-end development using frameworks such as Angular, React and/or Redux
- Experience with HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including design, code, test and deployment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a team
- Ability to make architecture and design decisions to align with user requirements
- Must be a US Citizen
Nice to Have:
- Experience as a full stack developer to include Web Services, Database and Front End Development
- Experience with DevOps approaches and automation
- Experience with Cloud native application development
Job Types: Full-time, Contract