Associates in Medical Physics is a trusted expert and interdisciplinary leader in medical physics and cancer program management services. Our strengths include technical expertise for consultation, development and management of applied radiation systems, including staffing and management solutions to clinics and hospitals in the business of providing radiation services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor, direct and personally supervise activities of staff Radiation Therapists.
- Creates an efficient workflow and effective communication with physicians and staff to assure quality and safety related to daily clinical functions. Lead staff and participate in continuous quality improvement activities with physicians and staff to correct and improve operations.
- Provide for a facility program to assure awareness, adherence and compliance with treatment policies and procedures.
- Works in collaboration with physics, service engineers and vendor representatives, and administration to maintain equipment operation; requests repairs/service as needed to guarantee uptime.
- Assure adequate staffing is available by setting the schedule for all supervised radiation therapists.
- Actively participate in weekly Chart Rounds, Radiation Safety and Continuous Quality Improvement Committee meetings. Maintains documentation for all committee meetings for examination by accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Collect, analyze, document and present on data related to treatment delivery as needed for facility operations.
- Perform daily quality control tests on the treatment machine, including Linacs, HDR, IGRT, and CT Simulator as assigned.
- Perform CT for simulation and IRGT for treatment or simulation consistent with written directives (physician orders) by radiation oncologists.
- Administer radiation treatments (Linac and HDR) to patients consistent with written directive by radiation oncologist.
- Provide means and oversight to effectively schedule patients for daily treatments, boosts, and additional CT simulations.
Minimum Job Requirements
- AART R.T.(T) with State of Maryland Board of Physicians Radiation Therapist License
- 5 or more years of experience as a Radiation Therapist
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Radiation Therapy: 5 years (Preferred)