Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Tire Development Engineer! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Coordinate of necessary internal know-how and resources to meet the customers’ expectations
- Permanent alignment of the obtained test results with the requirements (product requirement specifications) of the customer
- Development of qualitatively and cost competitive summer/all-season tires according to the customer and internal req.
- Using simulation tools to predict tire performance for different tire specifications
- Coordination of ETO-building, testing and delivery to the customers in time
- Introduction of the approved specification into production and monitoring of the serial production
- Solution of all development tasks in the sense of the OE strategy
- Support of the serial production of the OE bound specifications. Direct influence on the production of the approved specification in case of conflicts. Consulting of the customers in all technical questions incl. travel.
- Participate in line, technology and lead target approval projects
- Technical development of tire specifications using internal tools and simulation for automotive OEMs according to internal and external requirements. Support of Automotive Engineering and KAM team in preparing technical strategies for OEM customers. Management of tire development projects and successful interaction with multi-cultural teams and colleagues worldwide.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering background
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience including adequate experience from other work/internships
- Highly organized to manage several tasks at the same time
- Overall knowledge of tire mechanics and physics with good problem-solving skills
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is willing to offer a sign-on bonus to candidates that are relocating but we not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Previous tire industry experience.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- 4 years of experience and degree preferred
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Mitarbeiterrabatt für Unternehmensprodukte
Unterstützung Kinderbetreuung/Pflege von Angehörigen
Mitarbeiterrabatt für lokale Anbieter
Work Life Balance
Mitarbeiter werben Mitarbeiter
Gute Bedingungen für verschiedene Versicherungen
Karriereberatung und Trainingsangebot
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.
Forschung und Entwicklung
Nice to know
Continentals Spezialisten aus unterschiedlichen Disziplinen treiben den Trend des Automatisierten Fahrens mit aller Innovationskraft voran.
App. w. professional exp.