Join a small but rapidly growing startup that is developing exciting new life sciences technology. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Characterize performance of hardware modules and sub-components such as fluid handling and opto-mechanical systems
- Execute system-level test plans, identify potential design improvements, runs tests to measure their impact and drive their adoption across various development teams
- Establish an understanding of module-module interactions. Quantify system performance and system and subsystem reliability
- Manage the instrument and assay configurations. Establish operating procedures. Track performance across multiple tools
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for early access customers
- Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or closely related field with R&D lab experience
- Experience in the development of scientific instruments from a systems integration perspective is strongly preferred
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, server installations, and instrumentation troubleshooting
- Must be able to interpret technical documentation and schematics (Electrical, Wiring, Fluidic, and mechanical drawings)
- Must be able to build prototypes from preliminary drawings and schematics
- Meticulous and detail oriented. Able to follow complex operating procedures. Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
Applicants: Please include a cover letter and references along with your resume (PDF). The cover letter should describe your relevant experience and qualifications.
- Full medical/dental/vision (100% employer covered)
- 401K with matching
- Paid vacation
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Preferred)