Summary of Positon: Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System and procedures throughout manufacturing, customer related processes and supply chain. This position will develop and maintain effective systems to achieve quality objectives, in addition to identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
The Quality Engineer will maintain records to demonstrate compliance with ISO. Other duties include: evaluating process capability and sampling plans, communicating effective quality performance metrics, and leading associates to effectively perform required testing and reporting of quality data among other tasks.
Individual will provide statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develops/Maintains Quality System for new/revised products and product changes including the development of manufacturing and inspection methods, inspection equipment, and inspection frequency.
· Performs statistical analysis for the qualification, control, and continuous improvement of processes, products, and equipment.
· Reviews and approves supplier documentation on new and revised purchased components.
· Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
· Assist with ISO documentation and standardize procedures, updates and provides training as needed.
· Works closely with customers, vendors and internal staff to monitor and address quality issues with proper problem solving methods.
· Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION: BS Degree in Engineering or other related field
HIGHLY PREFERRED: 1-3 Years’ experience in Quality engineering or related field required, lean manufacturing experience preferred.
Quality Engineering Skills and Qualifications: Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation, CAD, Quality Engineering, Operations Research, ISO Certification
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $31.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location