Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
We are looking for a highly motivated person to develop and maintain SCADA/MES systems. Qualified candidates will have the ability to collaborate and understand the needs of the end user and implement SCADA/MES changes to meet those needs. Will provide plant support for SCADA/MES systems and potentially PLC Logic. Position will also participate in test and pilot runs of new and improved product and evaluate the results.
- Development and implementation of SCADA& MES programming is this role's primary responsibility while working with a cross-functional team.
- Development of the Human Machine Interface screens (HMI).
- Provide expertise in Data Historian administration, database queries, data historian content, validation, and reports design.
- Design and interface additional data sources with Historian.
- Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the SCADA & MES systems.
- Ensure adherence to company standards on all projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in the development of new mechanical and electronic systems. Create test environments and provide the necessary research and support required.
- May act as backup to support and cover various areas of the department as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support object-oriented programming for SCADA applications.
- Ability to modify and competently troubleshoot SCADA systems, HMIs, Data Historians, etc. (iFix and iHistorian preferably)
- Experience in a High-Level Programming Language (C#, Visual Basic, Python, etc.).
- Ability to analyze and interface to PLCsand other Automation systems.
- Understanding of Industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, OPC DA/UA, and Ethernet/IP.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Experience with the following Programming Languages: MSSQL, VB, HTML, and PLC Logic (EcoStruxure Control expert highly desirable).
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in written or verbal form.
- Ability to solve and communicate complex problems.
- Strategic planning and organizational ability.
- Provide data driven results to lead and influence decisions.
- High level of ambition and motivation for success, be solutions oriented, results driven, and self-starter.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Experience: Minimum of 2 or more years of development and support of SCADA systems and/or industrial controls networks, preferably utilizing iFix. Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Controls Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline is preferred. Will consider a 2-year technical degree in an area such as SCADA or Electrical Mechanical.
Reports to (if applicable): Systems Graphic Programming Supervisor
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Job Type: Full-time