InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is a vibrant campus ministry that establishes and advances witnessing communities of students and faculty on college and universities across the United States.
*This position will work in InterVarsity's National Service Center in Madison, WI.*
To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, the Cloud Engineer will deliver mission critical on premise and cloud infrastructures and ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems.
Cloud Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science or technology-related major preferred
- Strong understanding of Cloud technology with a broad understanding of hybrid infrastructure and Azure/AWS ecosystem technologies
- Significant experience in the design of distributed, high availability server-based network computing infrastructures; AWS, Azure and Hyper-V design, build an/or operational experience
- 5-7 years of Microsoft Windows server experience
- In depth knowledge and experience with enterprise scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Office 365 or Exchange environments, Azure Active Directory, Clustering, Virtualization and Collaboration tools. AWS Certification or equivalent experience preferred
Cloud Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world
- Support and deploy Cloud computing services, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS deployments
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas
- Collaborate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the Cloud
- Design, implement and maintain server and storage infrastructure in a hybrid environment
- Install, configure and maintain server environment systems, application software and resolve challenges associated with those environments
- Configure and maintain Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues and troubleshoot production issues
- Provide monitoring of all environments- physical, virtual and cloud
- Ensure all data is backed up and fully recoverable
- Work with all areas of the business including leadership, product development, operations and support
- Create and maintain documentation for the solutions and operations (support) provided
- Work collaboratively with security to ensure all aspects are fully managed and maintained
- Work effectively within a diverse team of developers, engineers, project managers and support associates
- Handle sensitive data with appropriate security and confidentiality
- Work with clients to ensure they are trained and understand the systems being developed
- Be responsible for good stewardship and organization of time, money, systems and materials
- Contribute to successful projects using established ITS project management methods
- Maintain positive working relationships with other team members and clients
- Maintain posted office hours during normal working hours, with telecommuting as allowed by supervisor
- Develop a prayer and financial support team to cover a portion of personal salary and benefits (MPD)
Cloud Engineer Benefits:
InterVarsity offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time (30 hours+) employees that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending plan, time off (vacation, sick and holiday), a 403(b) plan (with employer match) and a defined contribution into 403(b).
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. We conduct hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. The status of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA as an equal opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring staff based on their religious beliefs so that all staff share the same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who agree with InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement: Purpose and Doctrinal Basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
- Cloud Engineer: 5 years (Preferred)