Job Description Summary
The primary objective of our Associate, Software Engineer is to participate in the design, development and maintenance efforts of CCC’s Telematics applications. This individual leverages their knowledge of analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of software applications to develop, enhance, and modify CCC applications. The Java / JEE Software Engineer is expected to assist with the conceptualization of software solutions at both the unit level, ie. program module, and at the system level, ie. integrated applications. This individual demonstrates an understanding of the latest development environments including development tools and applications. Job Duties
- Researches technical solutions to business problems
- Collaborates with the broader Agile team on a day-to-day basis and within the four Agile ceremonies
- On time delivery of high quality software applications.
- Development, testing, and documentation of software and infrastructure products
- Participate in open, frank discussions, especially in technical matters, while giving and accepting feedback and constructive criticism
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Owner teams to ensure that software products meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Resolve production defects and issues
- Keen interest in learning and adopting new technologies and software languages. Qualifications
- 2+ years experience developing Java applications.
- Strong understanding of Java best practices, system scalability, and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of design patterns: GoF, JEE design patterns and EAI patterns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Business Administration, or a related field
- Familiarity in using any one of the Git based source repositories like Bitbucket, Gitlab or Github.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux ecosystem
- Experience working in a cloud ecosystem like AWS or GCP.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo or Circle CI
- Familiarity with conterization tools like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with NoSQL data store concepts.
- Having a working knowledge of Python is desired not required.