Tool Room Manager / Engineer
A full-service custom plastic injection molding facility providing the highest quality plastic parts from single cavity to high cavitation molds. Fully integrated company who takes ideas through engineering design, rapid prototyping, custom mold fabrication, automated production, personalized secondary operations, full packaging, on time delivery, while achieving exceptional customer loyalty and fostering employee longevity.
Responsibilities for Tool Room Manager / Engineer
The Tool Room Manager is responsible for all aspects of in-house tool manufacturing, maintenance, development and testing activities to maximize productivity and maintain the highest levels of workmanship for all tooling activities. The Tool Room Manager leads tool room personnel while directing and coordinating all related activities. The Tool Room Manager will be responsible for making or improving different types of tools to enable the productions processes within the manufacturing facility to be as efficient as possible. This includes jigs, fixtures, clamps or molds to obtain consistently produced parts that meet the specifications of the customer. The Tool Room Manager will mentor and provide employee training consistent with the company’s engineering objectives, processes and overall strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Tool Room Manager / Engineer consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage Tool Room personnel to ensure projects and objectives are accomplished in accordance with specified time frames to meet company and departmental goals
- Provide Tool-design assistance for successful molding
- Ensure the tool room is a safe environment in line with health, safety and environmental requirements
- Support production to manage on time availability of tools to ensure continuous production and increase OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Meet with current and potential customers, as required.
- Provide problem solving solutions in the areas of part and mold design, tooling, automation and product development.
- Represent all plastics with the ability to understand and demonstrate scientific capabilities, latest technologies, and operational practices based on the customer’s needs
- Document customer activities and communication with the General Manager and Sales personnel.
- Provide quotations for new tooling, modifications and repair
- Establish methods/procedures to follow up on all quotes and clarifications.
- Cradle-to-grave project management for new and transfer tooling.
- Process troubleshooting
- Recommend and initiate automation concepts to reduce labor.
- Work with manufacturing and quality for continuous improvements.
- Develop workmanship standards that are clearly understood and attainable.
- Assist QA department, with documentation, as required to maintain ISO standards.
- Communicate customer concerns/complaints to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
The Tool Room Manager / Engineer will possess the ability to execute mold tooling projects from development stage through commercial production release. Additionally, the Tool Room Manager / Engineer will work with designers, other engineers, as well as outside vendors to assure tools are up to industry standards. Plastic injection and extrusion experience is required for this role. Additionally, the candidate will:
· Be familiar with all mold design, manufacturing procedures, mold processing, and mold automation development.
· Manufacturing and/or tool & die making knowledge
· Have knowledge in analytical modeling and mold flow analysis of molding systems.
· Be Knowledgeable in molding system root cause investigations.
· Be proficient in Project Management, Inter-departmental communications, and Key Performance Management.
· Be a self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Engineering
- Must poses 5+ years of Plastics Process Engineering experience specifically in injection and extrusion molding
- Proficient with 3D CAD design / SOLIDWORKS TM
- CAD and CNC programming
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership and proven team-building skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem-solving skills
· Microsoft Office proficient
Job Type: Full-time / Benefits included
Salary commensurate with experience
For consideration submit resume with relevant experience, employment history and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plastics Injection Molding: 3 years (Preferred)
- 3D CAD / SolidWorks: 3 years (Preferred)