The Johns Manville team in Littleton, CO is seeking a self-motivated, analytical and results oriented engineer to join our Process Technology group. This position will focus on the improvement of glass melting, delivery, and forming manufacturing processes through the application of CAE tools such as 3D CAD (SolidWorks) CFD (ANSYS Fluent and/or CCM+) as well as specialized glass furnace modeling CFD codes like GFM. Additional areas include modeling manufacturing processes such as mat lines and ovens.
- Creating 3D CAD geometries and meshes for CFD analysis.
- Setting up and running CFD computer models for process technology.
- Analysis of data and predictions.
- Evaluation of technical options.
- Report writing.
- Presentations and participation with troubleshooting and new technology development.
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience in engineering.
- Experience with 3D CAD and CFD codes.
- Data analysis skills.
- Project management skills - organization, planning, execution and follow-up.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to develop clear and concise reports.
- Job site visits and field investigations will require walking, climbing ladders and stairways, crawling around equipment and exposure to weather elements including noise, heat, wind, rain, snow and cold.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Manufacturing plant industrial experience
- Glass processing experience
- Heat transfer knowledge
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report