Electrical Engineer – Production Support
Who We Are:
We are driven by a passion to design and manufacture the highest quality grid-scale power converters available. Rooted in this passion, we provide our customers with inverters and DC/DC converters from 100 kW to 6 MW. EPC’s products are designed in house and manufactured in the USA. Power electronics are the core technology behind decarbonization. With major growth sectors such as renewable energy, energy storage, and electric vehicle charging, EPC is growing fast.
EPC is headquartered in Poway, CA, a community in San Diego County, with additional manufacturing facilities in Greenville, SC and additional design offices in Helsinki, Finland and Eastern USA.
What We Do:
We are focused on developing and manufacturing robust and reliable power conversion solutions to solve real-world customer problems, and doing it in a smaller, more powerful footprint than anything else available today. We enjoy what we do, and we encourage a creative, healthy, and highly collaborative environment. Our goal is to work together as a fun, creative, and professional team; learning from and encouraging one-another as we push the state of the art forward in power electronics.
This position will be the primary engineering point of contact supporting power systems and power electronics manufacturing operations. Must be able to safely troubleshoot hardware and process issues from system wiring down to the PCB and component levels. Position requires an independent, hands-on problem-solver who can also work within a team environment, determine a path forward for production, and can document and communicate technical challenges and resolutions to the broader organization.
Note: Position will train in San Diego, CA, but will be located in Greenville, SC
- Serve as the primary engineering point of contact for the Greenville production facility
- Be the first technical point of contact for any product issues encountered in production
- Troubleshoot, collect data, and communicate technical issues down to the PCB and component levels
- Participate in engineering design review and testing of products
- Work within a team of engineers to test and develop designs based on simulation, test & integration, and verification & validation
- Perform technical writing assignments to include documenting test specifications and hardware requirements
- Independently solve problems as well as work with the subsystem team to solve an issue and determine a path forward for production
- Provide technical, schedule, and cost inputs to management
- Work in a safe manner and in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Potentially work to support a second shift of production
- Attend virtual meetings with both the San Diego office and the office in Finland
- Travel 10% - 15% including occasional travel to EPC headquarters in San Diego, CA
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate STEM field or equivalent education and experience
- 7-10 years’ prior experience in similar role within the manufacturing industry
- Experience with AC-DC/DC-DC converters
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient with power and communication wiring practices typical of industrial power conversion systems
- Proficient with common tools used in engineering such as logic analyzers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Working understanding of power electronics system architecture, design and integration processes
- Experience working with high voltage (120VAC - 690VAC, 1500VDC)
- Experience working with wiring diagrams
- Experience with circuit simulation using PLECS or LTSPICE
- Experience scripting test setups using Python or Labview
- Experience using Autocad Electrical
- Through-hole and surface mount soldering skills
- Familiarity with product certification (particularly UL 1741, IEC 62477-1)
- Familiarity with NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E
- Prior experience with PCB layout and PCB fabrication processes
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
EPC Power is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience do you have with power systems and power electronics manufacturing?
- Are you proficient with power and communication wiring practices typical of industrial power conversion systems?
- Do you have a working understanding of power electronics system architecture, design, and integration processes?
- Electrical Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
- AC-DC/DC-DC Converter: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location