This job is located in Colombia, MD
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Excellent potential for career advancement
- Attractive salary package (commensurate with experience)
- Generous PRO
- Company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- 401k plan withcompany match
The project engineer will work under the direction of the project manager and will be the lead designer / inspection team leader. The individual shall demonstrate an ability to collaboratively work with an inspection team or design group (or independently) on a wide-range of small or large scale multi-discipline projects for state, county, or local jurisdictions. Job requires analytical thinking, adaptive and independent problem solving, creativity, innovation, and ability to utilize design engineers to complete task assignments. Employee shall be dependable, open-minded, focused, and attentive to details including: project schedules, budgets, and design quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently on smaller projects and portions of larger projects and have experience in both bridge and structural design elements. Responsibilities include lead designer for project development including but not limited to: bridge, culvert noise barrier, and retaining walls design, bridge deck repair/replacement, bridge substructure and superstructure rehabilitation/repair, structural load ratings, parking structures, inspections, building rehabilitation/repair; condition inspection of bridges, culvert, sign, high mast light structures, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- BSCE in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
- Minimum Three (3) years of design experience and two (2) years bridge inspection experience
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in applicable jurisdiction (or ability to apply for reciprocity)
- Completion of NHI 130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Completion of NHI 130053 Bridge Inspection Refresher Training if NHI 130055 was completed more than 3 years prior.
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD concrete and steel design
- Proficiency using structural design software (LARS, Merlin-Dash, Descus, STAAD, etc.)
- Experience working on DOT/DPW projects for state, county, city, or local municipalities.
- Proficient using Microstation and associated design software with strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide guidance and share technical knowledge with entry-level engineers
- Ability to work well within a project team by building relationships and teamwork
- Experience with MD SHA and MD County DPW projects is preferred
- Detail oriented with strong skills in structural analysis, steel design, and concrete design as it relates to transportation structures
Indeed Hire and Brudis & Associates, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $62,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- structural design for transportation projects: 4 years (Required)
- design: 3 years (Preferred)
- bridge inspection: 2 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer License (Required)