The successful candidate will provide product engineering support of mechanical producibility for Ground Based, Airborne, surface ship and undersea programs. Candidate will interact with representatives from Drafting, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and production facilities. Candidate will work as a member of Integrated Product Development teams throughout the design process to ensure mechanical assemblies are optimized for manufacturing. Perform reviews of mechanical designs to ensure producibility goals are met within technical, cost and schedule requirements. Support the transition of designs to manufacturing by providing technical support to both internal and external facilities. Assist in the resolution of design issues identified during production. Perform trade studies of alternative approaches and make recommendations to the design team. Candidate will support mechanical commodities within Components Engineering Discipline in addition to Pro/E Library management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine engineering drawings and documentation for accuracy, completeness, and sound design to prescribed standards and contractual requirements.
- Interpret applicable drawing standard requirements and assess the quality of the technical backup data.
- Investigate errors and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with drafters, designers and engineers.
- Checking mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies, sheet metal, circuit cards and wiring harness designs for correctness and completeness.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and be able to visualize items in a three-dimensional space.
- Proficiency performing detailed tolerance studies and dimensional fits and clearances on assemblies along with material requirements and weld notes.
- Consider pertinent design factors such as thermal, human factors, manufacturability, supportability, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, and cost.
- Suggest design changes in the course of checking where simplicity, functionalism, and cost saving in design can be achieved.
- Interpret and apply relevant design policies and procedures.
- Check new and revised drawings, models, and change notices to assure compliance with current standards.
Bachelor of Science degree with 10+ years of related experience or equivalent combined experience/ education.
- Functional area knowledge in design of products; knowledgeable about relevant documentation, engineering, and manufacturing procedures.
- Proficient applying GD&T, ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient checking ASME Y14.100 Engineering Drawings.
- Proficient checking MIL-STD-31000 Technical Data Packages.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD modeling.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical hardware commodities.
- Ability to solve complex technical design/development problems.
- Microsoft Office Proficient.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Electronic Packaging design experience.
- Manufacturing/shop experience, machining, welding.
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Human factors design.
- Creo (Pro/E) tool experience at expert level.
- Product Data Management (Windchill).
- Familiarity with the latest engineering technology in the relevant field.
- Working with customers, vendors and programs across sites.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.