The Senior Controls Engineer will be working under limited to general supervision and will be responsible for controlling multiple project activities in the areas of controls/electrical design and equipment integration. Responsible for leading change within the organization by developing concepts through the capital plan advancing to justification and implementation. These changes mold the business and provide large gains in profitability. This position sets the tone and pace in this regard by working with his/her team in executing strategy. He/she also develops, designs, manufactures, integrates, and supports industrial electrical power and control, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and processes to meet or exceed NEC, NFP 79, UL508, OSHA, and local codes and standards for the Homeshield division to increase reliability and profitability, and to provide new technology to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for leading change within the organization by developing concepts through the capital plan advancing to justification and implementation. These changes mold the business and provide large gains in profitability.
- Prepares R.F.E.'s for engineering tools and equipment needed for execution of projects. The expectation for these projects is large in nature; they will have long term impacts through equipment design and process flow. This equipment design and build is complex and requires many years of experience to be successful.
- A leader in the organization that helps to mentor and guide other engineers to be successful in project management and machine design.
- Develop and design electrical power, control, safety systems in accordance with NEC, NFP 79, and UL508 codes and standards to meet the customers’ process and equipment requirements. Create, modify, and install PLC, VFD, and Operator Interface programs to create machine control for the user.
- Manage total project activities with a plan schedule for timely completion with direct major customer interactions. The individual will be heavily involved in continuous improvement teams and projects that have impact to the overall success of the organization.
- Create electrical schematics, 2D drawings, and 3D models of equipment for wiring, fabrication, and assembly of equipment utilizing AutoCAD and Solidworks software. Operate and maintain CAD equipment and data in an efficient productive manner. Provide recommendations for future growth in CAD/CAM and various business model changes that affect profitability.
- Re-design and upgrade control systems and equipment to improve the process, take advantage of new technology, and increase the value, safety, longevity, and reliability of equipment. Provide training and support for equipment to maintenance and operators in the form of training classes and manuals.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot equipment prior to delivery to ensure highest quality and performance.
- Correlate, consult, collects data, tests, writes test reports, develops the project plan, and advises supervisor of recommended courses of action as required.
- Manage the collection of data, assemble results, reports and recommendations accumulated during execution of the project plan and arrange into accurate and concise documentation for the engineering project files.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience to prove capabilities.
- 10+ years of experience as an electrical or manufacturing engineer or related engineering field. Along with significant experience in project management.
- Knowledge of metal and plastic design and fabrication with extrusions, roll forming process, molded parts and light assembly is desirable.
- Ability to operate CAD system efficiently.
- It is a necessity to have good written and verbal communication skills to support interact with all external and internal customers.
- This individual should be dependable, self-starting and able to work under pressure.
Indeed Hire and Quanex Building Products are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- CAD system: 1 year (Required)
- electrical or manufacturing engineer: 10 years (Required)