Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon. BHS is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly-owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), NRT (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of our experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. BHS has built some of the largest and most durable MRFs in the world – and we are achieving the highest throughput, recovery, and purity rates in the industry.
Works as part of a team in order to transform design concepts into manufacturable products. Create design layouts, 3D models, production drawings, concept development and product improvement for cost reduction and optimized manufacturability. Responsible for the development of original designs or adaptation of existing designs.
- Prepare layouts, 3D modeling and detail drawings which include multiple views and application of mathematics and physics to compute weights, load capacities, dimensions, material quantities and make other related decisions as required.
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, systems and processes using engineering principles. Develop structural designs while considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Specify system components or direct modification of system to ensure conformance with engineering design.
- Work as part of a team to resolve system issues and provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions. Conduct research that tests or analyzes the design, operation, or performance of equipment. Write performance requirements for systems and/or specific equipment.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to goals of the system.
- Accumulate information and prepare reports, spreadsheets, etc., for product/process costing, materials usage and Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Actively communicate with downstream customers on specification work, such as purchasing, manufacturing and others to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical and/or engineering field. Degree in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Experience in fabrication and 3D solid modeling.
- Experience with structural design or hydraulic system design a plus.
- Experience with Inventor Cad system or equivalent design software.
Bulk Handling Systems offers our employees a wide variety of comprehensive rewards and benefits including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition reimbursement
All within a positive and friendly work environment.
This is an exciting time to be part of a rapidly growing company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement and achievement, we want to hear from you!
Please visit our website to learn more about Bulk Handling Systems. Please click the Careers Link to apply: WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM ( WWW.BULKHANDLINGSYSTEMS.COM )
BHS values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled