At Empirical, we believe everyone deserves safe, quality, and affordable food. Our task is to meet the world’s ever-increasing nourishment needs within the constraints of our precious natural resources. To get there, we need to think bigger and smarter.
Empirical isn’t a gigantic corporation. Instead, we are a smart, tight-knit and strategic company of doers. We hire quality people who develop fulfilling careers that make a significant impact on our world. Discover a variety of opportunities to grow your career.
Empirical is looking for a motivated individual for our new Design Engineer position in our Dakota Dunes, SD office. By joining this small team, the ideal candidate will have a complementary skill set to help us expand our current portfolio of talent, as well as develop new and existing capabilities.
- Development and maintenance of software programs, applications, websites, etc.
- Plan, develop and implement new and existing programs.
- Perform programming required to ensure effective and efficient control systems.
- Review software, application or website development requirements and specifications to meet functionality and design needs.
- Will determine tasks and timelines to meet project timelines.
- Continuously improve software and application programs for optimized productivity.
- Verify and validate work to ensure the completed project meets expected specifications and results.
- Will see the project through to system commissioning and will maintain and support systems going forward.
- Work as a team with members of other departments such as engineering, networking, systems engineering to ensure successful project completion.
- Will communicate and resolve programming or application interface issues that may require engaging other team members.
- Analyze information and develop effective solutions.
- Improve and integrate existing systems, user forms, intranet pages, etc. to meet the companies growing needs.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or related field.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 3 + years of experience in application development.
- Experience with database design principles, security, and debugging techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer.
- Experience deploying websites and mobile applications.
- Experience integrating with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving.
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of employees in written or verbal form.
- Must be responsive to after-hours support.
- Duties may require occasional travel.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Indeed Hire and Empirical Foods are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Application Development: 3 years (Required)
- integrating with ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics: 1 year (Required)
- deploying websites and mobile applications: 1 year (Required)
- database design principles, security, and debugging techniques: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer: 1 year (Required)
- South Sioux City, NE: Between 21 and 30 miles (Preferred)