DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: CAMDEN,AR
WhoStaffing is conducting a national search for a Director of Engineering ProgramManagement for a dynamic explosives manufacturer in Camden, AR.This company is nationally-renowned in the manufacturing of handgrenades and small bombs for the warfighter. The client serves customers toinclude all branches of the military, explosive research companies, and majordefense contractors.
Ourclient is ideally seeking a Director with 10+ years of experience as a programmanagement leader and engineer for a defense industry manufacturer (explosives,chemicals, aerospace, etc).
***Fullrelocation assistance to Camden, AR is available for this position.***
***Thisis a 50 hour a week onsite position with working hours of 6:30am-5:30pmMonday-Thursday and ½ day Friday.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsiblefor supervising 4-5 Program Managers.
· Demonstrateresults-driven leadership in budgets, delivery, risk, and solution finding.
· Demonstrateeffective executive level verbal and written communication skills and acompelling desire to make a positive impact, along with theorganizational/motivational skills to make it happen.
· Responsiblefor knowing status of programs at all times and proactively guiding ProgramManagers in their interactions with customers.
· Providecommunication to Executive Management regarding program status.
· Provideoverall program direction, control, and coordination.
· Responsiblefor all facets of management and contract performance within a specifiedschedule and budget in accordance with contractual requirements.
· Responsiblefor military or DoD, US Government, Prime Contractor, Load, Assemble and Pack(LAP) manufacture programs.
· Preparationof proposal and pre-contract negotiations.
· Managementof multiple programs at one time.
· Participatein operational and manufacturing budget development and maintenance.
· Workbreakdown structures to identify necessary program resources, establish laborand budget estimates, as well as develop program timelines or Master ProgramSchedules (MPSs).
· Metricsand data analysis to support on-time and within budget programs.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’sdegree in engineering strongly preferred.
· 10+years of program management experience required.
· 10+years of engineering experience gained with a defense industry manufacturerstrongly preferred (explosives, chemical, or aerospace manufacturing ideal).
· Skilledin estimating, financial planning, procurement, MRP, manufacturing, scheduling,and program management systems.
· Wellversed in industry standard cost control techniques as well as the Earned ValueManagement System process (EVMS) and Uniform Commercial code and FederalAcquisition Regulations (FAR).
· Abilityto travel 10% for vendor meetings required.
Physical Job Demands:
· Moderatephysical effort required, including standing for extended periods.
· Continuousmental and visual attention required.
· Subjectto random drug and alcohol testing under DoD regulations.
Job Type: Full-time