Under the direction of the Facilities and Surveillance Manager, the Lead Facilities Engineer performs various tasks necessary to keep Artichoke Joe’s physical plant and grounds running efficiently. Specific duties include:
- Uses hand and power tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, wrenches, saber saws and hand drills.
- Assists in performing minor electrical repairs to light ballasts, light switches, base plugs, and fluorescent lamp lights, exit lights, shorts in wiring. As necessary, assists in testing electrical equipment, performing fire alarm and fire sprinkler tests and implements appropriate repairs.
- As necessary repairs, moves, assembles, installs, and set up equipment and furniture, picture frames, tables, chairs, etc.
- Leads in performing plumbing repairs on commodes, urinals, flush valves, faucet seat, washers, packings, and drain lines. Replaces faucet washers, diaphragms, flush valves, bud washers, drinking fountain bubbler and shut-off valve.
- Leads in conducting routine checks as scheduled, and maintains log books as required.
- The employee shall work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The employee shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with staff and colleagues and supervisors. Participates in Facility Emergency Plan training and fire drills; and if an emergency or disaster occurs, immediately assumes the pre-assigned emergency duties.
- Any other tasks as assigned by management.
- Practical experience with plumbing, electrical, refrigeration and machinery
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – Ability to communicate effectively with upper management, support staff and cross-departmentally
- Ability to work with others in professional manor.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)