ATNi’s US Telecom division has a vision of enriching the lives of rural Americans by bringing superior communications services to all. Here, we truly believe that everyone deserves to be connected and we are determined that no person is denied access to modern communications services simply because they live in rural America. Our employees strive, every day, to bring connectivity solutions to areas that others have left behind. In order to do that, we have built an exceptional team of people that are tenacious, creative, customer-focused, proud, and cost conscious – could you be the next to join the team and make a major impact on lives across America?
We're looking for an experienced engineer to join the team in the immediate future! SME in following areas - CDMA, UMTS & LTE Radio Access RF mobile network, with wider knowledge on telecommunication network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of golden network parameter standard and its implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Perform parameter audit against the standards & remove inconsistency across the network
- Responsible for customer experience on CDMA/EVDO/HSPA+/LTE networks
- Improve and monitor performance KPIs such as drop calls, access denials, throughput and latency of data network
- Improve the system performance by developing translations for new cell sites, frequency planning, suggesting hand-off parameters and carrier additions.
- Work with Switch Engineering to insure proper testing of switch enhancement such as new loads and features related to System Performance
- Ensure customer tickets are resolved and documented
- Work with project managers and RF Engineers to ensure adequate planning of new sites, repeaters etc. to improve customer issues
- Provide management reporting and communication related to System performance
- Collect drive test from selected areas using Nemo Outdoor / JDSU E6474A or other similar test equipment
- Analyze data for hand off using Actix Analyzer, coverage or interference problems and present recommendations to the team
- Work with vendors and other departments to create test plans if required for evaluation and implementation of new software and hardware releases as they pertain to system performance
- Support RF design in the development and approval of new cell site search area locations as required for traffic needs and performance enhancements
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 10 years professional work experience or 8 years professional level related Engineering/Technical related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience
- Previous experience in System Performance and/or RF Engineering and/or Operations functions with Tier 1 HSPA+/LTE carrier or OEM
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to assess and correct location errors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including effective presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large and/or complex projects
- Ability to communicate concepts and practices to less experienced staff
- Experience with either UMTS or LTE performance. Design and capacity planning skills
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time
- Ability to develop software tools and scripts to maximize efficiencies for analyzing data and performing data integrity checks
- Desirable programming languages are: Visual Basic or any other high level language
- Experience with Planet EV or similar RF propagation tool
- Experience with QxDM, TEMS, Nemo, Actix, JDSU E6474A
- Experience with ZTE, ALU, Nokia, Ericsson wireless infrastructure
ATNi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.